The Judicial Staff Education Committee's (JSEC) work includes
development of suggested curricula for 17 major job categories of court
personnel, required curricula for all court personnel in five major
categories (the Arizona Court System, Customer Service, Communication,
Current Issues, and Local Court Issues), a suggested tracking system for
managers and coordinators, and the annual presentation of eight
statewide broadcasts and three regional 3-day conferences dedicated to
the needs of court personnel.
The JSEC has five Standing Subcommittees.
- New Employee Orientation which oversees the continuing
development and delivery of a cohesive orientation program for all
court employees. Delivery may be by satellite broadcast, local
and/or regional in-house programs, or self-paced study;
- Core Curriculum which oversees the development and delivery of
the five required curricula mandated by Administrative Order 99-08.
The subcommittee ensures that the changing needs and demands of the
court and its employees are addressed annually in the five areas;
- Conference/Broadcast Planning which works closely with the
Education Services Division staff to plan and implement the three
regional judicial staff conferences held each year, as well as
scheduled satellite broadcasts that are related to judicial staff
training and education;
- Alternative Delivery which explores alternate modes of
instructional design, implementation and delivery; and,
- Trainer Recognition Subcommittee which provides position
recognition to judicial staff and those outside the court family who
volunteer as trainers and who have demonstrated their dedication and
commitment to excellence in their service to the courts and their
The Judicial Staff Education Committee is responsible for the
- Submit on-going recommendations to COJET regarding the quality
of training and education programs for all non-judge, non-probation
officer judicial employees.
- Promote consistent education for all non-judge, non-probation
officer judicial employees.
- Work with staff to evaluate the continuing educational needs of
all non-judge, non-probation officer judicial employees.
- Work with staff to provide quality education opportunities for
all non-judge, non- probation officer judicial employees.
The mission of the Judicial Staff Education Committee (JSEC) is to
support the mission of the Committee on Judicial Education and Training
(COJET) by providing recommendations concerning continuing education for
all non-judge personnel. The focus of the JSEC includes on-going
assessment, design, development, delivery and evaluation ensuring
consistency, quality, and equal representation of educational programs
for all non-judge personnel.
- To submit on-going recommendations to COJET.
- To promote consistent education for all non-judge personnel.
- To evaluate the continuing educational needs of all non-judge
- To provide quality education planning for all non-judge
- To provide educational opportunities for all non-judge
- To maintain its broad-based membership representative of all
non-judge job categories.